- Do you recycle your clothes by donating them to charity or thrift stores?
- Have you made old clothes look new and fashionable by adding decorations, patches, or dyeing them?
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- recycle /ree-SAHY-kuhl /
- complicated /KOM-pli-key-tid/
- fashionable /FASH-uh-nuh-buhl /
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The factory workers are part of the industry that produces cars and trucks.
[verb] – to use something again for a different purpose
We should always try to recycle plastic bottles and cans to help protect the environment.
[adjective] – having many parts that are organized in a way that may be difficult to understand
Learning a new language can be complicated, but with practice, you can improve your skills.
[adjective] – wearing clothes, doing things, and going to places that are in fashion
Many people like to wear fashionable clothes and accessories to look stylish and modern.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
We should try to reduce the amount of plastic we use to help protect the environment.
Recycling your clothes doesn’t have to be a complicated task. It begins with sorting through your closet and identifying clothes you no longer wear. Donating them to charity is a fantastic way to give them a new lease on life. Additionally, clothing brands, with their recycling programs, provide a way to recycle your clothes while reducing waste. Upcycling is another option for recycling your clothes. By utilizing some basic tools and creativity, you can turn old clothes into new, fashionable items by adding embellishments, patches, or even dying them to provide a fresh look.
In conclusion, by donating, recycling, and upcycling our clothes, we can reduce waste and make the world cleaner and greener. So, let’s start recycling our clothes today and do our part to make the world a better place.
True or False:
- The fashion industry harms the environment.
- Recycling clothes is an effective way to help the environment.
- Recycling clothes is a complicated task.
- Donating clothes to charity is an excellent way to recycle them.
- Clothing brands do not offer any recycling programs.
Fill in the blanks:
- Eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly can help ______ the risk of developing certain health problems.
- The hotel ______ is an important part of the tourism economy in this city.
- The new clothing store in town sells very ______ clothing for men and women.
- The instructions for this game are a bit ______, but once you understand them, it’s a lot of fun to play.
- In our town, there is a recycling center where you can bring your old paper and cardboard to be ______