- Why is it important to have a treaty?
- What are some examples of activities that take place on the high seas?
- mysterious /mi-STEER-ee-uhs/
- delicate /DEL-i-kit /
- sensitive /SEN-si-tiv/
- extract /ik-STRAKT/
- balance /BAL-uhns/
[adjective] – strange, not known, or not understood
The old mansion on the hill had a mysterious vibe about it as if it held a secret waiting to be uncovered.
[adjective] – needing careful treatment, especially because easily damage
Be careful when handling the antique vase, it’s very delicate and can easily break if you’re not gentle.
[adjective] – easily influenced, changed, or damaged, especially by a physical activity or effect
She is a very sensitive person, so try to be kind when you talk to her because even small comments can hurt her feelings.
[verb] – to remove or take out something
To make the cake, we need to extract the juice from the oranges and use it as one of the ingredients.
[noun] – to give several things equal amounts of importance, time, or money so that a situation is successful
Finding a balance between work and leisure time is important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Recent studies have shown that the deep sea is not a barren wasteland as once thought, but rather a thriving hub of biodiversity. The ecosystems present there are extremely sensitive and vulnerable to disturbance. This has sparked concerns within the scientific community about the impact of deep-sea mining on these delicate environments. The High Seas Treaty is a significant step forward in the protection of the deep sea’s ecosystems. It provides a framework for sustainable deep-sea mining, ensuring that the resources are extracted without causing lasting damage to the environment. This landmark agreement has far-reaching implications for the future of deep-sea mining and will help us preserve the deep sea’s natural resources for generations to come.
The High Seas Treaty is important because it helps us use the resources of the deep sea in a sustainable way while also protecting the environment. It reminds us that we need to find a balance between using resources and taking care of the environment.
- What have recent studies shown about the deep sea?
- Why are the ecosystems in the deep sea sensitive and vulnerable?
- What are the implications of the High Seas Treaty for the future of deep-sea mining?
- Why is the High Seas Treaty important?
- What does the High Seas Treaty remind us of?
- What are your thoughts on the idea of mining resources from the deep sea?
- Can you share any personal experiences or observations about the importance of protecting the environment?
- Do you agree that the deep sea’s delicate ecosystems should be protected from the potential damage caused by mining activities?
- What do you think are the potential risks and benefits of deep-sea mining?
- What do you think can be done to raise public awareness about the importance of protecting the environment, including the deep sea?