- Have you ever recycled anything before?
- Is recycling an effective way to reduce the impact of climate change?
- valuable /VAL-yoo-uh-buhl/
- recycling /ruh-SAI-kuh-luhng/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- effort /EF-ert/
- count /kount/
[adjective] – valuable information, advice, etc. is very helpful or important
My grandmother gave me a valuable necklace that has been in our family for generations.
[noun] – the process of collecting and changing old paper, glass, plastic, etc. so that it can be used again
Recycling is an important way to help protect the environment by reducing waste and conserving resources.
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
Farmers work hard to produce fresh fruits and vegetables that we can buy at the grocery store.
[noun] – physical or mental activity needed to achieve something
If you want to get better at playing soccer, you need to practice every day and put in a lot of effort.
[verb] – to have value or importance
Every vote in an election counts, because it can make a difference in the outcome.
Recycling plays a vital role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and mitigating climate change. By reducing the amount of energy required to manufacture new products from raw materials, we can significantly decrease our carbon footprint. It’s fascinating to note that recycling aluminum saves up to 95% of the energy required to produce new aluminum from bauxite ore. Additionally, recycling paper saves trees and reduces the amount of carbon dioxide released during the production process.
Furthermore, recycling has significant economic benefits, such as creating jobs and saving money that would otherwise be spent on waste disposal. Adopting a recycling culture is essential for preserving the planet for future generations. Every small effort counts, and recycling is one of the easiest and most effective efforts that we can make to create a better future for ourselves and future generations.
True or False:
- Recycling can help reduce waste sent to landfills.
- Recycling paper has no environmental benefits.
- Adopting a recycling culture is not essential for preserving the planet for future generations.
- Every small effort counts when it comes to recycling.
- Recycling is one of the easiest and most effective efforts we can make to combat climate change.
Fill in the blanks:
- Don’t underestimate the importance of studying; every moment you spend learning will ______ towards your success.
- It is important to study hard and do well in school, as education is a ______ tool for a successful future.
- The teacher was impressed with Tom’s ______ on his science project and gave him a good grade.
- We can all make a difference by ______ paper, plastic, and glass instead of throwing them away in the trash.
- The factory in our town ______ cars that are sold all over the world.