- Do you have any experience using your mobile phone to access your bank account? Tell me about it.
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of using mobile devices to access your bank account?
- launch /lawnch, lahnch/
- balance /BAL-uhns/
- qualify /KWOL-uh-fahy/
- purchase /PUR-chuhs/
- installment /in-STAWL-muhnt/
[verb] – to begin something such as a plan or introduce something new such as a product
The company plans to launch its new product line next month, featuring innovative designs and advanced technology.
[noun] – the amount of money you have in a bank account, or the amount of something that you have left after you have spent or used up the rest
I need to check my bank account balance before I make any big purchases to ensure I have enough money to cover them.
[verb] – to have the legal right to have or do something because of the situation you are in, or to cause someone to have such a right
To qualify for the job, applicants must have at least five years of experience in a related field and possess a relevant degree.
[noun] – something that you buy
She accidentally depleted her bank account because of this purchase.
[noun] – one of several parts into which a story, plan, or amount of money owed has been divided, so that each part happens or is paid at different times until the end or total is reached
The laptop was quite expensive, so I decided to buy it on an installment plan and pay it off over the course of 12 months.
The Apple savings account through Goldman Sachs is also insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The move by Apple is part of its efforts to increase its financial services footprint and incentivize customers to move money from the big banks into the Apple ecosystem. The new account is seen as a loyalty play, with the ecosystem of Apple Cash creating a flywheel effect. The move comes two weeks after Apple entered the “buy now, pay later” industry with Apple Pay Later, allowing customers to pay for their purchases in four installments over six weeks.
- What is the interest rate on the new Apple and Goldman Sachs savings accounts?
- What are the requirements to qualify for an Apple savings account?
- How is the Apple savings account managed?
- Why is Apple introducing this new savings account?
- How many installments are allowed with the “buy now, pay later” program?
- Do you have a savings account? Are you satisfied with the interest rate your bank offers?
- What do you think about banking through your mobile phone? What are your concerns?
- Do you think the high interest rate on Apple’s savings account will be enough to entice customers to switch from their current bank?
- How might Apple’s involvement in the financial services industry impact the traditional banking sector?
- Do you think other technology companies will follow in Apple’s footsteps and expand into the financial services industry? Why or why not?