- yield /yeeld/
- sector /SEK-ter/
- substantially /suhb-STAN-shuh-lee/
- fundamental /fuhn-duh-MEN-tl/
- eligible /EL-i-juh-buhl/
[noun] – an amount of something positive, such as food or profit, that is produced or supplied
The yield on the new bond was attractive to investors because it promised higher returns than other similar investments.
[noun] – one of the areas into which the economic activity of a country is divided
The technology sector has been growing rapidly over the past decade, with new startups emerging every year.
[adverb] – to a large dergree
After implementing the new marketing strategy, the company’s sales increased substantially, surpassing its quarterly target.
[adjective] – forming the base, from which everything else develops
In order to understand advanced concepts in physics, it is important to have a fundamental understanding of basic mathematical principles.
[adjective] – having the necessary qualities or satisfying the necessary conditions
John is not eligible to vote in the upcoming election because he is not yet 18 years old.
The Apple savings account is highly user-friendly and is bereft of any fees, minimum deposits, or minimum balance requirements. Users can set up and manage their accounts directly in the wallet app on their iPhones. The savings account is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Although Apple’s savings account does not possess the highest interest rate available, the fact that Apple is involved makes it noteworthy and may induce some change in the industry. Furthermore, Apple has recently entered the “buy now, pay later” industry with its Apple Pay Later program, which allows customers to pay for their purchases in four installments over six weeks and manage their payments through the Apple Wallet app.
- Do you have a savings account? Are you satisfied with the interest rate your bank offers?
- What do you think about banking through your mobile phone? What are your concerns?
- Do you think the high interest rate on Apple’s savings account will be enough to entice customers to switch from their current bank?
- How might Apple’s involvement in the financial services industry impact the traditional banking sector?
- Do you think other technology companies will follow in Apple’s footsteps and expand into the financial services industry? Why or why not?
- interest rate
- financial services