- Are you familiar with mobile banking?
- Can a higher interest rate on deposits make you move to another bank?
- compete /kuhm-PEET/
- access /AK-ses/
- deposit /dih-POZ-it/
- recently /REE-suhnt-lee/
- entry /EN-tree/
[verb] – to try to be more successful than someone or something else
During the Olympic Games, athletes from different countries compete against each other to win medals.
[AK-ses] – the right or opportunity to use or receive something
The new software provides easy access to all of your files and documents in one place.
[noun] – a payment, especially into a bank account
The landlord requires a security deposit before tenants move into the apartment, which will be returned at the end of the lease if there is no damage to the property.
[adverb] – not long ago, or at a time that started not long ago
I haven’t seen my cousin in a long time, but recently we reconnected over social media and caught up on each other’s lives.
[noun] – the act of entering a place or joining a particular society or organization
The entry of her name on the guest list caused quite a stir among the party organizers.
The savings account is user-friendly, comes with no fees, has no minimum deposits, does not require a minimum balance, and can be managed directly on iPhones. Although there are higher interest-rate savings accounts available, Apple’s involvement is noteworthy and may incentivize some industry change. In addition, Apple recently announced its entry into the “buy now, pay later” industry with its Apple Pay Later program, which allows customers to pay for purchases in installments and manage their payments through the Apple Wallet app.
True or False:
- Apple and Goldman Sachs have partnered to launch a new high-yield savings account with a 7.15% interest rate.
- Apple is making a concerted effort to increase its financial services offerings and compete with big banks in the crowded banking sector.
- The Apple savings account requires only a credit card from any bank for the user to qualify.
- The savings account is user-friendly, comes with no fees, and has no minimum deposits.
- The Apple Pay Later program allows customers to pay for purchases in seven installments and manage their payments through the Apple Wallet app.
Fill in the blanks:
- The ______ of the startup company at the expo raised some eyebrows.
- She has ______ taken up painting as a hobby and is already creating impressive works.
- The two companies are going to ______ in a race to develop the best electric car.
- The bank requires a minimum ______ of $100 to open a new savings account.
- I’m sorry, but you don’t have ______ to this online forum, as it’s only for registered users.