- Have you tried using virtual apps? Tell me more about it.
- Do you think teenagers should be allowed to access virtual reality applications? Why or why not?
- aspect /AS-pekt/
- measure /MEZH-er/
- critic /KRIT-ik/
- data /DEY-tuh/
- social media /SOH-shuhl MEE-dee-uh/
[noun] – one part of a situation, problem, subject, etc.
One important aspect of learning a new language is developing a good understanding of its grammar and sentence structure.
[noun] – a way of achieving something, or a method for dealing with a situation
The government implemented measures such as mask-wearing and social distancing to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
[noun] – someone who says that they do not approve of someone or something
Despite the mixed reactions from critics, the new album was well-received by fans and quickly climbed the charts.
[noun] – information, especially facts or numbers, collected to be examined and considered and used to help decision-making, or information in an electronic form that can be stored and used by a computer
The company analyzed the data from its customer surveys to identify areas for improvement in its products and services.
[noun] – websites and computer programs that allow people to communicate and share information on the internet using a computer or mobile phone
She uses social media to connect with her friends and family, share updates about her life, and promote her small business.
NGOs have voiced concerns over the risks associated with Meta’s VR apps, such as the collection of biometric data and other information, misleading ads, and possible anxiety and depression. The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is investigating the impact of social media on young people’s mental health and is considering hiring psychologists. FTC commissioner Alvaro Bedoya acknowledges that certain social media can harm some teenagers and children.
- What is Horizon Worlds?
- What does Meta plan to do regarding its use by teenagers in the US and Canada?
- What is Mark Zuckerberg’s vision for the next generation of the internet, and how does Horizon Worlds fit into it?
- What are some of the risks associated with Meta’s VR apps, according to NGOs?
- What does the US Federal Trade Commission do to address the impact of social media on young people’s mental health?
- Do you agree with Meta’s plan to allow teenagers to use their VR app Horizon? Why or why not?
- Do you think Meta has a responsibility to address the potential negative impacts of these technologies on mental health? Explain your answer.
- Do you think the measures Meta has established to protect teenage users of its VR programs will be effective?
- What are the potential hazards associated with Meta’s VR programs, according to community interest groups?
- What steps can individuals and communities take to promote the safe and responsible use of social media and virtual reality platforms?