- Have you ever heard of the term “ultra-low-carbon lifestyle” before?
- Do you think it’s important to live a lifestyle that has a low carbon footprint?
- headline /HED-lahyn/
- choice /chois/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- efficient /ih-FISH-uhnt /
- advantage /ad-VAN-tij/
[noun] – a line of words printed in large letters as the title of a story in a newspaper, or the main points of the news that are broadcast on television or radio
I always read the headline of the news first to know what the article is about.
[noun] – the range of different things from which you can choose
You have a choice of two colors for your new backpack: red or blue.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
We can reduce the amount of plastic we use by bringing our own reusable bags to the grocery store.
[adjective] – working or operating quickly and effectively in an organized way
A bicycle is a very efficient way to travel short distances because it doesn’t use any gas or electricity.
[noun] – a condition giving a greater chance of success
One advantage of studying hard is that you can get good grades and go to a good university.
Sustainability is at the heart of an ultra-low-carbon lifestyle, where individuals prioritize responsible and efficient use of resources. This could involve adopting circular living practices, reducing waste, and recycling materials. Those who have made the shift report a range of benefits, including improved health, reduced expenses, and a sense of purpose. Growing your own organic produce not only reduces your carbon footprint but also ensures access to fresh, healthy food. Similarly, using public transport or cycling not only promotes physical exercise but also helps reduce carbon emissions.
The benefits of an ultra-low-carbon lifestyle extend beyond personal advantages. By making sustainable choices, individuals can contribute to fighting climate change and creating a healthier world for themselves and future generations. With the planet’s well-being at stake, it’s time to make thoughtful choices and embrace eco-friendly living.
True or False:
- People are turning to eco-friendly living due to the impact of climate change.
- Adopting an ultra-low-carbon lifestyle requires a shift in mindset and behavior.
- An ultra-low-carbon lifestyle involves driving gas-powered cars.
- Sustainable living practices are at the heart of an ultra-low-carbon lifestyle.
- Those who adopt an ultra-low-carbon lifestyle report a sense of purpose, reduced expenses, and improved health.
Fill in the blanks:
- The ______ of living near the beach is that you can go swimming and sunbathing whenever you want.
- The ______ news on TV was about a big fire in the city, and it was really scary to watch.
- When I go to a restaurant, I like to have a ______ of different dishes to choose from.
- To ______the amount of energy we use, we turn off the lights when we leave a room.
- My mom likes to use an ______ dishwasher to save water and energy.