- Have you ever watched a comedy show?
- Do you find comedy shows entertaining?
- involved /in-VOLVD/
- consider /kuhn-SID-er/
- apology /uh-POL-uh-jee/
- strict /strikt/
- regarding /ri-GAHR-ding/
[adjective] – part of an activity or event
The people involved in the project worked hard to ensure its success.
[kuhn-SID-er] – to spend time thinking about a possibility or making a decision
I consider her to be one of the most talented artists of our time.
[noun] – an act of saying that you are sorry for something wrong you have done
She offered a sincere apology for her mistake.
[adjective] – strongly limiting someone’s freedom to behave as they wish, or likely to severely punish someone if they do not obey
The school has strict rules regarding uniform compliance.
[preposition] – about
He made a statement regarding his future plans.
This incident reflects China’s strict measures to protect the military’s image and discourage criticism. Li Haoshi has been indefinitely suspended by Shanghai Xiaoguo Culture Media. Concerns arise regarding potential future restrictions on comedy in China.
True or False:
- The phrase used by Li Haoshi, “fine style of work, capable of winning battles” was connected to the Chinese Communist Party and the PLA.
- Beijing authorities considered Li Haoshi’s use of the phrase a serious insult to the PLA and harmful to society.
- Li Haoshi and his entertainment company did not issue an apology on Weibo, the Chinese social media platform.
- All internet users think Li Haoshi deserves the fine and consequences.
- Concerns arise regarding potential future restrictions on comedy in China.
Fill in the blanks:
- The teacher has set ______ guidelines for the exam.
- The email contained important information _________ the upcoming meeting.
- He is an ________ parent, actively participating in his child’s education.
- I ________ her to be a trustworthy and reliable friend.
- She issued a sincere _______ for her mistake.