- Do you enjoy using mobile devices?
- Do you think people with disabilities struggle to use mobile devices?
- user /YOO-zer /
- security /si-KYOOR-i-tee/
- introduce /in-truh-DOOS/
- label /LEY-buhl /
- ability /uh-BIL-i-tee/
[noun] – someone who uses a product, machine, or service
The user logged into their account to access the online platform.
[si-KYOOR-i-tee] – the protection of information against being stolen or used wrongly or illegally
The password should be strong and unique to enhance the security of your online accounts.
[verb] – to put something into use, operation, or a place for the first time
The museum will introduce interactive exhibits to engage visitors in a more immersive way.
[noun] – a text that provides a descriptive tag for a particular feature, button, or option within an app to make it more user-friendly
The label on the login button helps users understand its purpose and encourages them to click.
[noun] – the physical power or skill needed to do something
The wireless headphones have noise-canceling technology, improving their ability to block out external sounds for a better audio experience.
To ensure privacy and security, Apple employs on-device machine learning for the Personal Voice tool while answering concerns about “deepfakes” generated by artificial intelligence. Furthermore, Apple has introduced Assistive Access, a unified call app that includes popular apps like FaceTime and Messages. It includes large buttons, clear text labels, an emoji-only keyboard option, and the ability to record video messages. Apple is also updating the Magnifier app for users with visual impairments, making it so that it reads captured text from the iPhone camera when interacting with physical objects.
True or False:
- Apple has introduced new tools for the iPhone and iPad to help people with disabilities.
- The Personal Voice tool allows users to train their devices to mimic their voice for phone calls.
- The Personal Voice tool requires a 24-hour training session.
- The Live Speech tool reads out the user’s typed text during phone calls, FaceTime conversations, and in-person interactions.
- Apple worked with the indigenous community to develop these accessibility features.
Fill in the blanks:
- The fitness tracker has the __________ to monitor heart rate during swimming or other water activities.
- Users appreciate when apps have clear and descriptive __________ on buttons, as it reduces confusion and enhances the user experience.
- The company implemented strict __________ measures to protect sensitive customer information.
- The chef will __________ a new dish to the menu, offering customers a unique culinary experience.
- The new smartphone has simplified features, which is why a __________ will find it easy to use.