©VARD via CNN
- Do you know what a cruise ship is?
- Do you think a cruise ship powered by electricity is a good idea?
- cruise /krooz/
- result /ri-ZUHLT/
- society /suh-SAHY-i-tee/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns /
[adjective] – relating to a journey on a large ship for pleasure, during which you visit several places
Passengers aboard the cruise ship indulged in delicious cuisine, live entertainment, and relaxing spa treatments.
[noun] – something that happens or exists because of something else
The result of their hard work and dedication was evident in their successful business venture.
[noun] – people considered as a group, or a group of people who live together in a particular social system
Social media has greatly influenced how people interact and communicate in today’s society.
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
The coach’s pep talk before the game was meant to encourage the team and boost their confidence.
[noun] – the way that something happens and how it makes you feel
Her travel experience in Europe was filled with adventure and cultural immersion.
Hurtigruten plans to convert its entire fleet into low-emission ships. This aligns with Norway’s goal of becoming a zero-emission society and strengthens the country’s leadership in the global fight against climate change. The launch of the MS Fridtjof Nansen encourages other cruise operators to embrace cleaner technologies. By combining advanced technology with a strong sustainability commitment, Hurtigruten is leading the way in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating a carbon-neutral cruising experience. The zero-emission ship not only offers amazing travel experiences but also emphasizes the importance of minimizing the environmental impact of the tourism industry.
True or False:
- MS Fridtjof Nansen of Hurtigruten is the world’s first cruise ship with zero emissions.
- The MS Fridtjof Nansen is powered by fossil fuel.
- The MS Fridtjof Nansen produces harmful emissions like carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitrogen oxide (NOx).
- Hurtigruten plans to convert its entire fleet into low-emission ships.
- This aligns with Norway’s goal of becoming a zero-emission society.
Fill in the blanks:
- We booked a ___________ holiday to the Caribbean for our summer vacation.
- Our ___________ is becoming more diverse and inclusive.
- It’s important to ___________ children to pursue their passions and dreams.
- Climbing Mount Everest was a once-in-a-lifetime ___________ for the adventurous explorer.
- The ___________ of the experiment confirmed the hypothesis.