©VARD via CNN
- What is a cruise ship?
- If you were given the opportunity to go on a cruise, where would you want to go and why?
- operator /OP-uh-rey-ter/
- harmful /HAHRM-fuhl/
- leadership /LEE-der-ship/
- global /GLOH-buhl/
- adopt /uh-DOPT/
[noun] – a company that does a particular type of business
The tour operator arranged transportation, accommodations, and guided tours for the group of travelers.
[adjective] – causing harm
The disposal of toxic waste in rivers and oceans can have harmful effects on marine life and ecosystems.
[noun] – the position or fact of being the leader
The CEO’s leadership contributed to the company’s success and growth.
[adjective] – relating to the whole world
The United Nations is an international organization that addresses global challenges and promotes peace and cooperation among nations.
[verb] – to accept or start to use something new
The team plans to adopt a collaborative approach to achieve their goals.
Hurtigruten’s commitment to environmental responsibility goes beyond a single vessel. The company aims to convert its entire fleet into low-emission ships, aligning with Norway’s goal of becoming a zero-emission society and reinforcing the nation’s leadership in the global fight against climate change. The launch of the MS Fridtjof Nansen sets a new standard for the industry and inspires other cruise operators to adopt cleaner technologies. By combining state-of-the-art technology with a strong commitment to sustainability, Hurtigruten is spearheading efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and create a carbon-neutral cruising experience. The zero-emission ship not only offers awe-inspiring travel experiences but also underscores the importance of minimizing the environmental impact of the tourism industry. Hurtigruten’s groundbreaking initiative showcases the potential for a greener and more sustainable future for the maritime sector.
- What is special about Norwegian cruise operator Hurtigruten’s new cruise ship, MS Fridtjof Nansen?
- How does the MS Fridtjof Nansen achieve zero-emission status?
- What environmental benefits are achieved through the ship’s hybrid propulsion system?
- What is Hurtigruten’s goal regarding its fleet of ships?
- What does the launch of the MS Fridtjof Nansen mean for Norway’s position in combating climate change?
- Have you ever been on a cruise ship? How was the experience? If not, would you like to? Why or why not?
- How important is it to you that cruise operators take steps towards reducing their environmental impact, such as adopting zero-emission technologies?
- Would the availability of a zero-emission cruise ship like the MS Fridtjof Nansen influence your decision to book a cruise in the future?
- How significant is Hurtigruten’s commitment to converting its entire fleet into low-emission vessels in the context of combating climate change?
- What other measures or initiatives do you believe should be taken by the tourism industry to further reduce its environmental impact?