- Would you be willing to leave your home country to explore new opportunities abroad?
- Do you have any family members or friends who have moved to a different country?
- culture /KUHL-cher/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
- strict /strikt/
- immigration /im-i-GREY-shuhn/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
[noun] – the way of life, especially the general customs and beliefs, of a particular group of people at a particular time
Different countries have unique cultures with their own traditions, languages, and customs.
[noun] – an occasion or situation that makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something
Moving to a new country can bring new opportunities for education and career growth.
[adjective] – strongly limiting someone’s freedom to behave as they wish, or likely to severely punish someone if they do not obey
The school has strict rules to ensure that students behave well and follow the guidelines.
[noun] – the act of someone coming to live in a different country
My friend’s parents went through immigration to start a new life in a foreign country.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
Turning off the lights when you leave a room is a simple way to reduce energy consumption.
True or False:
- Economic conditions, social dynamics, and government policies have no influence on migration patterns.
- A strong job market or good educational opportunities can attract more people to migrate to the UK.
- Stricter immigration policies or changes in the economy can lead to an increase in immigration.
- Migration refers to people moving from one place to another for an extended period of time.
- Social and political situations in other countries have no impact on people’s decisions to leave the UK.
Fill in the blanks:
- ___________ is the process of people moving to a different country to live and work.
- Embracing _____________ allows us to try new things and discover our potential.
- Drinking water instead of sugary beverages can ______ your intake of calories.
- Exploring new places allows us to learn about diverse ________ and broaden our understanding of the world.
- When driving, it is important to obey ______ traffic laws to ensure everyone’s safety.