- What does the term “climate change” mean to you?
- What are examples of climate change phenomena that you are familiar with?
- significantly /sig-NIF-i-kuhnt-lee/
- risk /risk/
- extreme /ik-STREEM/
- critical /KRIT-i-kuhl/
- monitor /MON-i-ter/
[adverb] – in a way that is easy to see or by a large amount
The research findings significantly contributed to our understanding of the disease.
[noun] – the possibility of something bad happening
Swimming in rough waters poses a risk to inexperienced swimmers.
[adjective] – very large in amount or degree
The extreme heatwave caused discomfort and dehydration among the residents.
[adjective] – saying that someone or something is bad or wrong
The patient’s condition was critical, requiring immediate medical intervention.
[verb] – to watch and check something carefully over a period of time
The teacher monitors the students’ progress during the exam.
The UK’s national meteorological service, the Met Office, predicts an increase in tropical storm and cyclone activity in the North Atlantic due to higher surface temperatures. They also anticipate a higher likelihood of a “hot summer” in the UK. With global temperatures continuing to rise, it is crucial to closely monitor and understand the impacts of these temperature changes on marine ecosystems, weather patterns, and the overall climate system.
- What does the European Space Agency’s data confirm about seawater temperatures along the coastlines of the British Isles?
- How can heatwaves impact weather conditions?
- Why are scientists concerned about rising global temperatures?
- What are some factors that contribute to the unusually high temperatures in the North Atlantic?
- In which region are early storm developments observed, and why are they significant?
- Have you noticed any recent changes in sea temperatures near your country? How do you think these temperature changes could impact marine life?
- Have you witnessed any government-led efforts to raise public awareness or educational programs addressing climate change? If so, can you provide some examples of these initiatives? If not, are you aware of any other sources or organizations actively promoting awareness about climate change?
- Do you believe that the rising seawater temperatures pose a significant risk to marine life?
- What do you think can be done to address the rising temperatures in the seas around the UK and Ireland and protect marine life?
- In your view, how can awareness and education about the impacts of rising temperatures on marine life be effectively promoted among the general public in a country?