- Do you know what fossil fuels are?
- Do you believe achieving zero emissions is possible?
- disagree /dis-uh-GREE/
- climate /KLAHY-mit/
- argue /AHR-gyoo/
- consider /kuhn-SID-er/
- lawyer /LAW-yer/
[verb] – to not have the same opinion, idea, etc.
They often disagree on which movie to watch because they have different preferences.
[KLAHY-mit] – the general weather conditions usually found in a particular place
The climate in this region is very hot and sunny during the summer months.
[verb] – to give the reasons for your opinion about the truth of something or to explain why you believe something should be done
She argued that studying every day would help improve her grades.
[verb] – to spend time thinking about a possibility or making a decision
Before buying a new car, it’s important to consider factors like price, fuel efficiency, and safety.
[noun] – someone whose job is to give advice to people about the law and speak for them in court
My friend’s father is a lawyer who helps people with legal problems.
True or False:
- Sarah Finch believed the drilling might be illegal and was concerned about its impact on the climate.
- The case does not hold significance for future fossil fuel projects in the country.
- The authorities claimed that they were not required to take into account the drilling’s climate impact.
- Lawyers pointed out underestimated emissions.
- Developers are concerned that a thorough assessment could affect project approval.
Fill in the blanks:
- The teacher ______ that it was important to wear a helmet while riding a bike for safety reasons.
- My sister and I ________ about the best restaurant choice.
- We should ________ the consequences of our actions before taking any steps.
- The accused person hired a ______ to defend them in court.
- I enjoy living in a city with a mild _______.