- Do you enjoy attending concerts?
- Do you have a favorite musician or performer?
- recently /REE-suhnt-lee/
- career /kuh-REER/
- mention /MEN-shuhn /
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- incredible /in-KRED-uh-buhl/
[adverb] – not long ago, or at a time that started not long ago
Steve recently started a new job as a basketball coach.
[noun] – the job or series of jobs that you do during your working life, especially if you continue to get better jobs and earn more money
Anna has been working hard to build her career in modeling.
[verb] – to speak about something quickly, giving little detail or using few words
The speaker mentioned the importance of teamwork in achieving success.
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The film industry in Hollywood is known for producing blockbuster movies.
[adjective] – impossible, or very difficult, to believe
We had an incredible adventure during our vacation in Boracay.
The finale at Glastonbury was a great way to end Elton John’s successful Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour. The tour was a big success, and Elton is now considered one of the greatest touring artists. There are only a few shows left, including the final performance in Stockholm on July 8th, which will mark the end of his amazing musical journey.
From his early days performing in Los Angeles to becoming a famous rock music figure, Elton John has had a huge impact on the music industry. His performance at Glastonbury was a celebration of his incredible career and the love he has received from fans all over the world.
True or False:
- Elton John expressed his gratitude and shared how special the moment was during his performance at Glastonbury.
- Elton John only performed obscure songs that were unfamiliar to his fans during the tour.
- The audience was disappointed with Elton John’s performance at Glastonbury and expressed their dissatisfaction.
- The finale at Glastonbury served as a memorable and fitting end to Elton John’s successful Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour.
- The farewell tour at Glastonbury marked a significant milestone in Elton John’s illustrious career.
Fill in the blanks:
- She pursued a ______ in teaching.
- I watched a ________ released movie that everyone has been talking about.
- The fashion ________ is constantly evolving with new trends and designs.
- The view from the mountaintop was __________.
- He ________ his previous work experience in his job interview.