- phenomenal /fi-NOM-uh-nl/
- fearless /FEER-lis /
- legacy /LEG-uh-see/
- immense /ih-MENS/
- bid /bid/
[adjective] – extremely successful or special, especially in a surprising way
The response to the new movie has been phenomenal, with audiences praising its captivating story.
[adjective] – having no fear
The fearless firefighter rushed into the burning building to save the trapped residents.
[noun] – something that is a part of your history or that remains from an earlier time
Michael Jordan’s legacy as one of the greatest basketball players of all time continues to inspire aspiring athletes around the world.
[adjective] – extremely large in size or degree
The support and love from his fans were immense, making him feel grateful and motivated.
[verb] – to say goodbye or make a formal farewell
She bids farewell to her colleagues as she prepares to start a new job.
Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour has been a phenomenal success, breaking records and solidifying his status as the most successful touring artist in history. With earnings of $887 million (£697 million) at the box office, it’s clear that fans around the world have embraced his music. As the tour reaches its conclusion with just a few shows left, including the final performance in Stockholm, it marks the end of a remarkable musical journey. Elton John’s career has taken him from a fearless young performer at the Troubadour in Los Angeles to a rock music icon loved by millions.
The Glastonbury performance was a fitting finale to Elton John’s farewell tour, leaving a lasting impression on all who attended. It showcased his extraordinary talent and celebrated his incredible musical legacy. With the tour’s immense success and the unforgettable moments shared on stage, Elton’s impact on the music industry is undeniable. As he bids farewell to touring, his influence and contribution to music will continue to resonate for years to come.
- Have you ever attended a live concert or musical performance that left a lasting impression on you? If yes, can you describe the experience and what made it memorable? If not, can you imagine what kind of concert or performance you would like to attend in the future and why?
- If you were at Elton John’s farewell concert, how do you think you would have felt during his performance?
- Do you think Elton John’s record-breaking tour and his final show in England will have a lasting impact on the music industry?
- What are your thoughts on Elton John’s decision to retire from touring after his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour?
- Reflecting on Elton John’s journey and his farewell tour, what do you think are some key factors that contributed to his immense success and enduring legacy in the world of music?
- breaking record