- Do you regularly follow the news to stay informed about current events?
- Have you ever relied on online platforms or social media for news updates?
- limit /LIM-it/
- briefly /BREEF-lee/
- rule /rool /
- hopeful /HOHP-fuhl/
- solution /suh-LOO-shuhn/
[verb] – to control something so that it is not greater than a particular amount, number, or level
I need to limit my time spent on electronic devices.
[BREEF-lee] – for a short time
I saw her briefly at the party before she had to leave.
[noun] – an accepted principle or instruction that states the way things are or should be done, and tells you what you are allowed or are not allowed to do
The teacher’s main rule in the classroom is to always raise your hand before speaking.
[adjective] – having hope
I am hopeful that I will get a good grade for the last semester.
[noun] – the answer to a problem
My teacher provided a helpful solution that helped me understand a math problem.
True or False:
- Google will block Canadian news content due to a new law called the Online News Act.
- The Canadian government has expressed support for Google’s decision to block Canadian news content.
- The changes made to Australian law resulted in Google and Meta ceasing their operations in the country.
- Google and Meta have fully embraced the Canadian law and its provisions.
- The Online News Act requires big tech companies like Google and Meta’s Facebook to make agreements with Canadian news providers.
Fill in the blanks:
- He explained the concept _______ during the meeting, just giving us a quick overview.
- The ____ at the library is to keep quiet and not disturb others who are studying.
- The restaurant ______ the number of customers to maintain a comfortable dining experience.
- It is important to communicate and work together to find a ________ whenever a problem occurs.
- The team members were _______that they would win the game.