- Do you have dreams that occur again and again?
- Do you think dreams have meaning?
- emotional /ih-MOH-shuh-nl/
- conflict /KON-flikt/
- theme /theem/
- symbol /SIM-buhl/
- heal /heel/
[adjective] – having and expressing strong feelings
He had an intense emotional response to the news of his promotion, feeling a mix of excitement, pride, and gratitude.
[noun] – a situation in which there are opposing demands or ideas and a choice has to be made between them
The conflict between her personal values and the demands of her job created a sense of inner turmoil and stress.
[noun] – the main subject
The theme of love and redemption runs throughout the novel, as the main character seeks forgiveness and a chance at redemption for past mistakes.
[noun] – something that is used to represent a quality or idea
The broken chains serve as a symbol of freedom and liberation from oppression.
[verb] – to make or become healthy or whole again
The soothing music helped heal her emotional wounds.
Remember, understanding recurring dreams is personal and different for each person. While there might be common themes and symbols, their meaning is unique to each dreamer. Exploring the emotions and symbols in these dreams and getting help from professionals like therapists or dream experts can give us more insights so we can learn more about our own emotions and opportunities for personal growth. Embracing these dreams can help us heal and change ourselves for the better.
True or False:
- Recurring dreams are dreams that happen repeatedly.
- Some experts believe recurring dreams come from unresolved feelings and problems.
- The subconscious mind uses recurring dreams to confuse us.
- Recurring dreams are not connected to behaviors or thoughts that hinder personal growth.
- Recurring dreams can be reminders or warnings from the subconscious.
Fill in the blanks:
- Engaging in creative activities can help ___________ emotional wounds and promote well-being.
- The dove is often used as a ___________ of peace and harmony in various cultures.
- The movie’s ending made the audience ___________ .
- The ___________ of love and redemption permeated throughout the entire storyline.
- She was in a ___________ between her moral principles and the pressure to go along with an unethical decision.