- Have you ever seen a pangolin in person?
- Is illegal trading of animals or poaching a widespread issue in your country?
- hunt /huhnt/
- recently /REE-suhnt-lee/
- attach /uh-TACH/
- effort /EF-ert/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
[verb] – to chase and try to catch and kill an animal or bird for food, sport, or profit
They planned to hunt deer in the early morning hours.
[adverb] – not long ago, or at a time that started not long ago
I recently started a new job at a tech company.
[verb] – to fasten, join, or connect something
I need to attach this photo to the application form before submitting it.
[noun] – physical or mental activity needed to achieve something
He put a lot of effort into training for the marathon.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Regular exercise can help prevent certain health problems.
True or False:
- The study focused on legal trade of pangolins and their scales.
- This discovery provides new insights into pangolins and their evolution.
- The newly discovered species was named Manis mysteria based on its known characteristics.
- There are eight different types of pangolins found in Asia and Africa.
- The scale samples examined were all uniform in their features.
Fill in the blanks:
- Early detection can often __________ the progression of certain diseases.
- Writing a novel requires a great deal of mental __________.
- He felt a sense of accomplishment when he successfully __________ his first boar.
- Have you seen the __________ released movie everyone’s talking about?
- She __________ a note to the gift to add a personal touch.