©FOOD and LIFE COMPANIES
- Have you ever heard about a sushi restaurant with a digital conveyor system before?
- Do you think using touchscreens to order food in a restaurant could be a good idea?
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
- replace /ri-PLEYS/
- separate /SEP-er-it/
- deliver /dih-LIV-er/
- arrest /uh-REST/
[noun] – knowledge or skill from doing, seeing, or feeling something
Traveling to new places can be a wonderful experience.
[verb] – to take the place of something, or to put something or someone in the place of something or someone else
I need to replace the old lightbulbs with new ones because they’ve stopped working.
[adjective] – existing or happening independently or in a different physical space
The school has separate classrooms for different grade levels.
[verb] – to give, direct, or aim something
The postman will deliver the package to your house tomorrow.
[noun] – the act of arresting someone
The police made an arrest in connection with the recent burglary.
True or False:
- Sushiro has upgraded its dining experience due to concerns about food safety.
- The traditional spinning “kaiten” conveyor belts have been kept in Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya.
- Customers can order sushi and other dishes using touchscreen menus that display food images.
- Akindo Sushiro sued a high school student for 67 million yen ($480,000) because he tampered with sushi on a conveyor belt.
- The new digital conveyor belts aim to reduce food waste and improve cleanliness, according to the article.
Fill in the blanks:
- The postal service will __________ your package tomorrow morning.
- My trip to the Grand Canyon was an unforgettable __________.
- The curtain served to __________ the living room from the dining area.
- The police made an __________ in connection with the robbery.
- It’s time to __________ the old, worn-out sofa with a new one.