- Do you know what healthy eating means?
- Do you know what kinds of foods are good for your health?
- recent /REE-suhnt/
- habit /HAB-it/
- culture /KUHL-cher /
- expert /EK-spurt/
- social /SOH-shuhl /
[adjective] – happening or starting a short time ago
I got a recent message on my phone.
[noun] – something that you do often and regularly, sometimes without knowing that you are doing it
Brushing your teeth every morning is a good habit.
[noun] – the way of life, especially the general customs and beliefs, of a particular group of people at a particular time
In my culture, we celebrate birthdays with family gatherings.
[noun] – a person with a high level of knowledge or skill relating to a particular subject or activity
A doctor is an expert at taking care of people’s health.
[adjective] – relating to activities in which you meet and spend time with other people and that happen during the time when you are not working
Going to a party is a social activity.
True or False:
- Oona Hanson conducted a recent study about lessons on food in schools.
- The state requires these lessons about food in schools.
- According to the study, parents find it easy when their kids learn about food at school.
- Zoë Bisbing suggests that these lessons can be risky, like a dangerous road.
- Experts recommend talking about enjoying food and being social when eating, which are important for students’ well-being.
Fill in the blanks:
- Eating vegetables every day is a healthy ____________.
- Playing games with friends is a ____________ way to spend time.
- Learning about different ____________ is exciting; for example, some people wear special clothes for celebrations.
- I saw a ____________ movie at the cinema last night.
- A chef is an ____________ at making delicious meals.