©Courtesy Narin Chomphuphuang
- Have you ever seen a tarantula?
- Is your country home to any unique species?
- expedition /ek-spi-DISH-uhn/
- gain /geyn /
- wildlife /WAHYLD-lahyf/
- tiny /TAHY-nee/
- rare /rair/
[noun] – an organized journey for a particular purpose
The scientific expedition to the remote rainforest uncovered several new species previously unknown to science.
[verb] – to get something that is useful, that gives you an advantage, or that is in some way positive, especially over a period of time
Through extensive research and fieldwork, the scientists were able to gain a comprehensive understanding of the ecosystem’s delicate balance.
[noun] – animals and plants that grow independently of people, usually in natural conditions
The documentary filmmaker spent months in the African savannah, capturing the behavior of wildlife in its natural environment.
[adjective] – extremely small
In the palm of his hand, he held a tiny seashell he had found on the beach.
[adjective] – not common or frequent; very unusual
The antique vase was a rare find, as it was one of only a few known to exist.
True or False:
- A remarkable electric blue tarantula was recently discovered in the Phang-Nga province of Thailand.
- The electric blue tarantula is common in the region and can be easily found in various habitats.
- The auctioned naming rights of the Taksinus bambus spider supported a global wildlife conservation organization.
- The newly discovered spider was found in a desert region of Thailand.
- A team, including wildlife enthusiast JoCho Sippawat, discovered a special spider in a mangrove forest.
Fill in the blanks:
- Seeing a shooting star is considered a __________ and magical event, as they are not frequently observed in the night sky.
- The conservationists worked tirelessly to protect the local __________ by creating sanctuaries and implementing strict conservation measures.
- The Arctic __________ aimed to study the effects of climate change on the polar ecosystem.
- After years of dedicated practice and perseverance, the young athlete finally began to __________ recognition for her exceptional talent in gymnastics.
- With a __________ brush, the artist painstakingly added intricate details to the miniature painting, bringing it to life.