- Do you think citrus-flavored beverages are popular among a wide range of consumers?
- Have you ever tried a citrus-flavored drink before?
- certain /SUR-tn/
- law /law/
- research /ri-SURCH/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- suggestion /suhg-JES-chuhn/
[adjective] – particular but not named or described
Only certain students are eligible for the advanced placement program.
[noun] – a rule, usually made by a government, that is used to order the way in which a society behaves
The new law requires all citizens to wear seat belts while driving.
[noun] – a detailed study of a subject, especially in order to discover (new) information or reach a (new) understanding
The scientist conducted extensive research on the effects of climate change.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
She decided to reduce her carbon footprint by biking to work instead of driving.
[noun] – an idea, plan, or action that is suggested or the act of suggesting it
Her suggestion to implement flexible work hours was warmly received by the team.
True or False:
- BVO has been proven to be completely safe for consumption by all regulatory bodies around the world.
- The FDA’s decision to ban BVO is solely based on its impact on the liver.
- California is the only state considering a special food safety law regarding BVO.
- The FDA reduced the use of BVO in some products in 2012 due to safety concerns.
- The FDA’s suggestion to ban BVO is based on studies, including those on animals, showing potential harm to the thyroid gland.
Fill in the blanks:
- His __________ to organize a team-building event was met with enthusiasm.
- The company implemented new strategies to __________ energy consumption and increase efficiency.
- The store offers discounts on __________ items during the weekend sale.
- Breaking the __________ can result in serious consequences, such as fines or imprisonment.
- Her __________ on endangered species led to important conservation efforts.