- rally /RAL-ee/
- clash /klash/
- renowned /ri-NOUND/
- commence /kuh-MENS/
- feat /feet/
[verb] – to come together, unite, or show support for a common cause or person
The local community decided to rally behind the young artist by attending her art exhibition and showing their support for her creative talents.
[noun] – a fight or argument between people
The clash between the two rival teams on the soccer field was intense and filled with strategic maneuvers.
[adjective] – famous for something
The city is renowned for its historic architecture and cultural heritage.
[verb] – to begin something
The construction work on the new building will commence next week.
[noun] – an impressive and remarkable achievement or accomplishment
His successful climb to the summit of Mount Everest was a remarkable feat of determination and skill.
This anticipated clash arrives over a year after Praggnanandhaa astounded the global chess community by toppling Carlsen in an online elite rapid chess tournament. This remarkable feat not only made him the youngest player to triumph over the reigning world champion since Carlsen’s 2013 victory but also garnered extensive recognition across India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar were among those lauding Praggnanandhaa’s exceptional prowess. Originating from Chennai, renowned as India’s “chess capital,” Praggnanandhaa’s chess journey commenced at the tender age of 2, ignited by his older sister’s passion for the game. Nurtured in this encouraging environment, he refined his skills at the Bloom Chess Academy. His early achievements encompassed securing gold in the Asian Championships and clinching victory in the World Youth Chess Championships for under-8s and under-10s. A truly remarkable feat was accomplished at the age of 10 years, 10 months, and 19 days when he became the youngest-ever international chess master by emerging victorious in the KIIT International Chess Festival in 2016. Despite his extraordinary triumphs, Praggnanandhaa remains remarkably humble, viewing himself as just one of numerous role models within the chess fraternity. As he embarks on yet another battle against Carlsen, his remarkable journey continues to inspire and captivate the imaginations of chess enthusiasts on a global scale.
- Have you ever been captivated by a sports or intellectual rivalry, similar to the upcoming showdown between Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa and Magnus Carlsen in the world of chess? If so, what about such rivalries intrigues you? If not, is there another form of competition that has captured your interest?
- Have you ever witnessed a young individual achieve remarkable success in a particular field at an early age, and how did their achievements impact your perspective on talent and dedication? If not, can you think of a time when you were impressed by someone’s extraordinary achievements?
- Do you find the story of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa’s rise in the world of chess inspiring and captivating?
- What qualities do you think young talents like Praggnanandhaa need to navigate the pressures and expectations associated with competing at the highest levels?
- How might their success at a young age affect their personal and professional growth in the long term?
- chess enthusiast
- thrilling match