- Do you think technologies are helpful?
- What technologies do you always use?
- thought /thawt/
- patient /PEY-shuhnt/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- result /ri-ZUHLT/
- successful /suh k-ses-fuhl/
[noun] the act of thinking about or considering something, an idea or opinion, or a set of ideas
The student shared his thoughts about the research to his professor.
[noun] a person who is receiving medical care
Doctors always make sure to check on their patients’ health.
[verb] to make something or bring something into existence
The larynx or voice box is the part of the body that produces sound.
[noun] the information you get from something
The result of the exam was posted yesterday.
[adjective] achieving the results wanted or hoped for
The operation was successful.
True or False:
- The University of California’s scientists created a computer program that translates thoughts into words through a brain-computer interface.
- The scientists worked with 25 patients who have epilepsy.
- Scientists recorded the movements in the language-producing part of the patients’ brains while they are reading sentences aloud.
- The computer models can change spoken words into thoughts.
- The computer model is now available for everyone.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Please give me the ___________ of the x-ray.
- Trees ___________ oxygen for humans.
- Yutaka Takahasi became one of the ___________ scientists in Japan when his research won the 2015 Japan Prize.
- The professor asked the student to give his __________ on the study of cell regeneration.
- The _________ with epilepsy needs an all day guidance and protection.