- Do you like walking outside or staying at home?
- Do you like taking care of plants?
- improve /im-PROOV/
- attract /uh-TRAKT/
- near /neer/
- wonderful /WUHN-der-fuhl/
- view /vyoo/
[verb] to (cause something to) get better
Eating healthy food helps him improve his health.
[verb] to cause a person or animal to become interested in someone or something
Free food attracts many people.
[adverb] not far away in the distance
My house is near my school.
[adjective] extremely good
It is so wonderful to see the beach again.
[noun] what you can see from a particular place
The view from his room’s window is really beautiful.
Adjust your regular activity
A study made by the University of Exeter Medical School said that walking for 2 hours a week helps improve one’s health. Spending time in the garden with a cup of coffee is also a good way to feel closer to nature.
Take a closer look at your surroundings
Leanne Manchester of The Wildlife Trust recommends that every person should look closely at trees, plants, and even weeds. Also, Jo Phillips of the Forest School Association suggests looking for “five beautiful things” to attract a person’s senses.
Share in environment
Manchester said that walking during work breaks is one of the ways to improve our closeness to nature. Taking care of the environment should be our priority, too.
Finding parks online
Looking for parks online should not be a problem because there are many parks in every place. An online map that can find different parks in one’s place is helpful.
Bring nature to your window
Putting a bird box near the window is like taking care of plants. You can enjoy looking at the birds from a window with a wonderful view.
True or False:
- It is difficult to find parks online.
- Taking care of the environment should be one of our priorities as well.
- It is not possible to be closer to nature while living in the city.
- Leanne Manchester suggests looking for “five beautiful things” to attract a person’s senses.
- Walking for two hours a week is dangerous for one’s health.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- My parent’s car is __________ the gas station.
- I had a __________ time playing with my friends.
- I need to exercise to __________ my body’s health.
- Cheap and delicious restaurants __________ many customers.
- I want to look at the beautiful __________ at the top of the mountain.