- Do you like going to cafes?
- Do you like drinking coffee?
- seem /seem/
- flavor /FLEY-ver/
- popular /POP-yuh-ler/
- extraordinary /ik-STAWR-dn-er-ee/
- relax /ri-LAKS/
[verb] to appear to be
John seems so sad today.
[noun] the particular way a substance, esp. food or drink, is recognized from its taste and smell
I like the flavor of coffee.
[adjective] liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
Cherry Blossom is popular in Japan.
[adjective] very unusual, special, unexpected, or strange
Holly made an extraordinary story.
[verb] to become or cause someone to become calm and comfortable
The park downtown is a good place to relax.
The shop sells bubble teas such as pineapple, blueberry, tomato, and mango flavors. They also sell Patbingsu, a Korean-style shave ice desserts, coffees, pies, and tapioca teas which are popular in Japan these days. The food and drinks bring colors to the cafe.
People love to visit the place not just because of its extraordinary design but also because of its food. So, if you are looking for a place to relax, this new 2D cafe in Tokyo might be a good place for you.
True or False:
- The 2D cafe is located in Kyoto.
- The shop sells all flavors of fruits.
- Patbingsu is a Japanese-style shaved ice dessert.
- The foods and drinks bring colors to the cafe.
- People love to visit the place because of its food only.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- This place is very ______ in my city.
- Where do you want to ______ this weekend?
- My mother is an ______ woman.
- What is your favorite ice cream ______?
- It ______ like the movie has a sad ending.