- two-dimensional /TOO-di-MEN-shuh-nl/
- facade /fuh-SAHD/
- monochrome /MON-uh-krohm/
- interior design /in-TEER-ee-er dih-ZAHYN/
- deception /dih-SEP-shuhn/
- vibrant /VAHY-bruhnt/
- unusual /uhn-YOO-zhoo-uhl/
[adjective] flat, having width and length but not depth
He is known for his two-dimensional artworks.
[noun] the front of a building
The building’s facade is decorated with colorful hats.
[adjective] using only black, white, and grey, or using only one color
They moved out of their monochrome house because they thought it was dull.
[noun] the art of planning the decoration of the inside of a building such as a house or office
The interior design of the building was planned by the famous architect.
[noun] a statement or action that hides the truth, or the act of hiding the truth
There’s nothing else that she can offer, only deception.
[adjective] energetic, bright, and full of life or excitement
Helen of Troy’s vibrant beauty launched a thousand ships.
[adjective] different from what is usual or expected
She has an unusual way of singing, which is why she is famous.
It has a two-toned design from the facade down to its floors, tables, and chairs. All the furniture inside have a sketch line style and with its monochrome interior design, it can deceive anyone’s eyes. While most of the stuff within the cafe are of pure deception, some artworks are just flat-illustrations.
The cafe sells a wide range of bubble teas such as pineapple, blueberry, tomato, and mango flavors. They also offer Patbingsu, a Korean-style shaved ice desserts, coffees, pies, and tapioca teas, which are popular in Japan nowadays. Because of 2D Cafe’s two-toned hue, the vibrant food and drinks will be the main highlight of one’s table.
People come to 2D Cafe not only to marvel at the interior design but also to enjoy some delightful desserts. If you ever get tired of the three-dimensional world, you can just visit this unusual cafe to relax.
- According to the article, what is Japan popular for?
- What is the name of Tokyo’s new 2D themed cafe?
- What is the cafe’s interior design?
- What is a Patbingsu?
- What drink is popular in Japan nowadays?
- Have you been to an anime-themed cafe? If no, why not? If yes, tell me more.
- Do you think many customers will go to 2D Cafe? Please explain your answer.
- What is the most popular drink in Japan? Tell me more about it.
- In your own opinion, what makes the 2D cafe unique from other themed cafes?
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of merging food with art when it comes to business? Please explain your answer.