- What makes sushi famous in Japan?
- What dishes can you cook?
- ice cream /AHYS-kreem/
- season /SEE-zuhn/
- earn /urn/
- convenient /kuhn-VEEN-yuhnt/
- sweets /sweets/
[noun] a sweet, frozen food made from milk and cream
The ice cream truck arrived at 10 PM.
[noun] one of the four parts a year is divided into; spring, summer, fall, or winter
The summer season is the most awaited season by the students.
[verb] to receive money as payment for work that you do
You will earn more if you work harder.
[adjective] suitable for your purposes and causing no difficulty for your schedule or plans
Fast food restaurants are very convenient for those who cannot cook.
[noun] sweet food, such as candy or cake
I like eating sweets when I am lonely.
1. Climate – Kanazawa citizens consume frozen treats more during the hot summer season and even when the temperature drops a few degrees down. In Ishikawa Prefecture, it rains on half of the days, so people spend more time indoors and eat luxury grocery items including ice cream mostly to pamper themselves.
2. Household expenses – When two households work, they earn more and spend more. Kanazawa citizens also spend on confectionery, coffee, cocoa, and other luxury groceries because they have the cash to spare, according to a report.
3 and 4. Retail and Lifestyle – Ishikawa Prefecture is a highly convenient place to shop. Moreover, most responders to the questionnaire said that they have at least two refrigerators at home to store some ice cream and eat them whenever they want to.
5. Preference – Lastly, a report also added that Kanazawa citizens turn out to have a sweet tooth, and Kanazawa is actually the top-ranking city in Japan when it comes to spending money on cakes, chocolate, Castella sponge cakes, and other sweets.
With the variety of ice cream flavors, your cups will overflow with happiness and will make everyone enjoy the moment! If you ever visit Japan, go to Kanazawa prefecture and enjoy some ice cream.
True or False:
- Kanazawa makes a lot of ice cream in Japan.
- Kanazawa citizens love ice cream.
- Households who earn twice, spend more on consumptions.
- Because of the big space, they usually have two refrigerators at home.
- People in Japan have a sweet tooth.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Spring is the best __________ to visit Japan.
- Chocolates, candies, cakes, and coffee are all __________.
- People who work more __________ more.
- Riding the train is the most __________ way to commute in Tokyo.
- My favorite __________ flavor is Vanilla.