- Does Japan have many volcanoes?
- What do you do to prepare for earthquakes or volcanic eruptions?
- mention /MEN-shuhn/
- ash /ash/
- foot (plural, feet) /foot (plural, feet)/
- dangerous /DEYN-jer-uhs/
- equipment /ih-KWIP-muhnt/
[verb] to speak about someone or something
Lianna did not mention her mother’s ideas to Arianne.
[noun] the soft, gray or black, powdery substance left after something has burned
Chris brushed the cigarette ash off of his sleeve.
[noun] a unit of measurement of length equal to 12 inches
The well is around 300 feet deep.
[adjective] able or likely to cause harm or death, or unpleasant problems
Smoking is dangerous to our health.
[noun] the set of necessary tools, clothing, etc. for a particular purpose
We need to check our electrical equipment daily.
True or False:
- Klyuchevskoy’s eruption was reported by the USGS.
- The eruption was identified as red based on the aviation color code.
- Ash particles can damage the equipment of airplanes according to the USGS.
- Klyuchevskoy is 15,580 feet tall.
- Klyuchevskoy is known as the most active volcano in Russia only.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Smoking is _____ for anyone’s health.
- Our company’s _____ are under repair.
- The volcano released _____ clouds 19,000 feet into the air.
- Did he _____ anything about his vacation?
- Tom climbed a tree that is 10 _____ tall.