- Do you agree to cancel the Olympic Games? Explain your answer.
- What can you say about the Olympic Games being postponed?
- concern /kuhn-SURN/
- manage /MAN-ij/
- remedy /REM-i-dee/
- constantly /KAAN-stuhnt-lee/
- cure /kyoor/
[verb] a worried or nervous feeling about something, or something that makes you feel worried
The company postponed its monthly event for they are concerned about their employees status.
[verb] to succeed in doing something, esp. something difficult
He was not able to manage the misunderstandings within his team.
[noun] a successful way of curing an illness or dealing with a problem or difficulty
Sleeping is the best remedy for headaches.
[adverb] all the time or often
They constantly discuss ways to improve their manpower.
[noun] a treatment that causes a disease to go away
Drinking plenty of water is one of the best cures for headaches.
According to Coe, playing all the sports in a single season is “a headache”. He wishes the pandemic will be decreased, and that he would set aside the Olympic Games for the meantime, as he is sure what most medical personnel in governments are constantly trying to do to make a cure. He stated, “The ambition is to get the athletes back into competition as soon as we possibly can but only when it is safe to do so.”
- Based on the article, what makes Sebastian Coe concerned?
- According to Yoshitake Yokokura, what is impossible to happen?
- How is playing sports in one season based on what Coe said?
- What are most medical workers in government are actively trying to do?
- What did the Japanese Prime Minister and the president of the International Olympic Committee confirm?
- How do you feel about the Tokyo Olympics being postponed?
- Why do you think it is impossible to run the Olympic games this year?
- What can you say about forgetting the Olympics at this moment?
- If you were to approve a game in the Olympics, what would it be and why?
- What sports interest you the most? Explain your answer.