- Why do you think people like traveling?
- What do you like about your country’s tourist destinations?
- recover /ri-KUHV-er/
- worldwide /WURLD-WAHYD/
- assist /us-SIST/
- lay-off /ley awf/
- optimistic /op-tuh-MIS-tik/
[verb] – to become normal again from being damaged or having problems
The economy is at last beginning to recover.
[adverb] – extending or spread throughout the world
The story has attracted attention worldwide.
[verb] – to help
The family decided to assist me with my chores.
[verb] – to stop employing someone, usually because there is no work for them to do
The workforce has been laid off due to the pandemic.
[adjective] – hoping or believing that good things will happen in the future
He is an optimistic young fellow.
A managing director of a 106-year-old resort on Cape Cod plans to do guests’ checking in through cell phones, letting the opt-out of room service, and provide longer dining hours to assist fewer guests eating at the same time. A lot of people who depend on tourism are affected. In the U.S. alone, a vast number of people are laid off or furloughed according to Roger Dow, the president and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association. Governments in some places are helping the sector but the French government will help by paying at least 80% of furloughed hotel workers’ salaries. Some people remained optimistic like the owner of a tour and adventure provider in Bali, Indonesia who’s promoting his business on social media and received many positive responses from their clients.
- What are some hotels and airlines doing to calm the traveler’s mind?
- What are the changes that will take place in tourism from Egypt and Orlando Florida?
- What changes will take place in casinos from Las Vegas, Boston, and Macau?
- How are the government helping the sector in the U.S. and France?
- What positive thing did the owner of a tour and adventure provider in Bali, Indonesia do?
- Do you think that the changes in tourism will be enough to keep the tourists safe from COVID-19? Please explain your answer.
- What else do you think the tourism industry needs to improve?
- Do you think tourists should consider traveling as soon as the lockdown is lifted? Please explain your answer.
- As a tourist, what precautions can you take to avoid contracting the virus?
- What is your opinion about those people who continue to see something positive in life during this time of pandemic?