- Do you have a social media account?
- Do you use social media apps everyday?
- connect /kuh-NEKT/
- allow /uh-LOU/
- change /cheynj/
- user /YOO-zer/
- during /DYOOR-ing/
[verb] – to join or be joined with something else
Click here to connect to the coffee shop’s wifi.
[verb] – to give permission for someone to do something, or to not prevent something from happening
The teacher allowed the students to do ten minutes of review before the quiz.
[verb] – to exchange one thing for another thing, especially of a similar type
The patient needs to change his diet.
[noun] – someone who uses a product, machine, or service
My sister is a loyal iphone user.
[preposition] – from the beginning to the end of a particular period
Oliver took a quick nap during his lunch break.
True or False:
- Last September 30, Facebook announced that they will start to connect its latest update to Instagram, WhatsApp, and Messenger.
- Snapchat users can soon send messages to Messenger without the need to create a Facebook account.
- Twitter users can now send messages to Messenger directly.
- Facebook will add “watch together” and “vanish mode” features to Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp applications.
- The users can use the “vanish mode” to remove messages when they close a chat.
Fill in the blanks:
- There are over 2 billion active _______ of Facebook around the world.
- _______ the font color from yellow to green.
- Mark was really sleepy _______ his Science exam.
- Excuse me. Could you _______ the computer to the printer, please?
- The mother didn’t _______ her children to go outside to play in the rain.