- Have you ever received an award or a recognition in your life?
- How did you feel about it?
- attempt /uh-TEMPT/
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- well-known /WEl-nohn/
- generous /JEN-er-uhs/
[adjective] – willing to give money, help, kindness, etc., especially more than is usual or expected
That person has been generous with the fire victims.
- amazed /uh-MEYZD/
[verb] – to try to do something, especially something difficult
He attempted to exit through the small window.
[verb] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
I suggest we wait for the others before we come up with a decision.
[adjective] – known or recognized by many people
The restaurant became well known for its delicious ramen.
[adjective] – extremely surprised
My friend was amazed when she heard that she’d been promoted.
True or False:
- The World Food Programme delivered food to 97 million people in 2018.
- David Beasley is the WFP’s free-spoken American executive director.
- Its most memorable operation was in 1962 when an earthquake hit Northern Iraq.
- Over time, WFP became one of the world’s most well-known charitable groups today.
- The United Nations agency started to establish the WFP in 1961 when US President Dwight Eisenhower suggested this project.
Fill in the blanks:
- Elvis Presley was a _____ singer of the 20th century.
- I _____ you seek professional help.
- It was his second visit to Dubai when he _____ to visit the tallest building in the world.
- The boy was _____ when he saw the result of his math test.
- My mom is very _____ to children living in the streets.