© via Pinkfong
- Have you watched the viral video “Baby Shark”?
- Do you always use YouTube?
- viral /VAHY-ruhl/
- upload /UHP-lohd/
- another /uh-NUHTH-er/
- beat /beet/
- nursery rhyme /NUR-suh-ree rahym/
[adjective] – used to describe something that quickly becomes very popular or well known by being published on the internet or sent from person to person by email, phone, etc.
Within hours the photo went viral.
[verb] – to copy or move programs or information to a larger computer system or to the internet
They uploaded the video as soon as they had finished working on it.
[pronoun] – one more person or thing or an extra amount
I’m going to have another slice of pizza.
[verb] – to defeat or do better than
Lakers beat the Miami Heat by two points.
[noun] – a short and usually very old poem or song for young children
Children like nursery rhymes so much.
True or False:
- Baby Shark is now the most viewed video on Facebook.
- It has over 7 billion views.
- Pinkfong uploaded Baby Shark on YouTube four years ago.
- The video beat the Puerto Rican hit single “Despacito”.
- Jamie Oh is the CEO of Pinkfong.
Fill in the blanks:
- When will you _______ the photo on the website?
- ___________ are very catchy!
- They _______ our team in the last match.
- It was a successful _______ video.
- The little girl drew _______ circle on her face.