- What comes to mind when you hear the word “artifact”?
- Is it important for us to discover more artifacts? Why or why not?
- artifact /AHR-tuh-fakt/
- medieval /mee-dee-EE-vuhl/
- remains /ri-MEYNZ/
- evidence /EV-i-duhns/
- provide /pruh-VAHYD/
[noun] – an object, such as a tool, that was made in the past
My family and I will go to the local museum to see some artifacts.
[adjective] – related to the Middle Ages (= the period in European history from about AD 600 to AD 1500)
Alfred has taken a liking to studying medieval culture.
[noun, plural] – the things or parts of something that continue to exist when other parts or things no longer do
Give the food’s remains to the dog instead of throwing them away.
[noun] – anything that helps to prove that something is or is not true
Could you show me any evidence for your claims?
[verb] – to produce something useful that can be used as part of a process or activity
Customer feedback will provide us with more information on the products.
The arrows are in poor condition upon closer inspection, which leads researchers to believe that it was due to ice movement. As a result of global warming, the Langfonne ice patch has retreated by more than 70% since two decades ago. “With the ice now retreating due to climate change, the evidence for ancient hunting at Langfonne is reappearing from what is in essence a frozen archive”, Lars Pilø, an archaeologist from the Innlandet County Council and the study’s lead author said. “The ice melt, sad as it is, provides an unprecedented archaeological opportunity for new knowledge,” he added.
- Where are the Jotunheim Mountains located?
- How many percent has the Langfonne ice patch retreated since two decades ago?
- How many arrows were found in the Langfonne ice patch?
- Based on the article, who is the study’s lead author?
- Aside from the arrows, what other artifacts were found by the archeologists?
- What is your opinion of the artifacts found in the Langfonne ice patch?
- Do you agree that the arrows are in poor condition because of ice movement? Why or why not?
- What artifacts in your country are you familiar with?
- Should artifacts be displayed in museums or studied by researchers? Please share your thoughts.
- For you, what can we learn from finding artifacts?