- What are your thoughts about security cameras in the workplace?
- What do you think can companies do to secure their employees’ safety?
- adhere /ad-HEER/
- quality control /KWOL-i-tee kuhn-TROHL/
- pre-emptive /pree-EMP-tiv/
- revolution /rev-uh-LOO-shuhn/
- right /rahyt/
[verb] – if you adhere to a rule or agreement, you act in the way that it says you should
The staff are advised to adhere to the new safety measures in the office.
[noun] – the process of looking at goods when they are being produced to make certain that all the goods are of the intended standard
Did these products pass quality control?
[adjective] – done before someone else can act, especially to prevent them doing what they had planned
Our teacher planned a pre-emptive measure to make sure we won’t fail the test.
[noun] – a very important change in the way that people do things
Drone cars are a technological revolution.
[noun] – the fact that a person or animal can expect to be treated in a fair, morally acceptable, or legal way, or to have the things that are necessary for life
Customers have the right to complain and send feedback.
The Trades Union Congress (TUC) policy officer Mary Towers refers to this technology as “another example of how this revolution at work is picking up pace.” However, she warns about its possible negative effects on employees, such as harming their well-being, data privacy, and anti-discrimination rights. An Amazon spokeswoman explains that the company’s intention is to improve both workplace operations and employee safety while working during a pandemic. She added that the AWS Panorama has no facial recognition capabilities.
- What is Amazon planning to sell to companies?
- What did Towers say about the AWS Panorama technology?
- What is the AWS Panorama originally designed for?
- What did an Amazon spokeswoman say about the company’s intention?
- What can a company get from the AWS Panorama if there are any potential issues in the workplace?
- What is your opinion about Amazon’s plan of selling Panorama boxes?
- Do you think these cameras are safe for the employees’ privacy?
- In your opinion, should companies have cameras to track their employees’ safety? Please explain your answer.
- What are the disadvantages of having surveillance cameras in the workplace?
- How can you keep yourself safe while working outside/studying at schools during the pandemic?