- constraints /kuhn-STREYNT/
- hinder /HIN-der/
- vaccine /vak-SEEN/
- executive /ig-ZEK-yuh-tiv/
- federal /FED-er-uhl/
[noun] – something that controls what you do by keeping you within particular limits
Financial constraints on the company are preventing them from employing new staff.
[part of speech] – to limit the ability of someone to do something, or to limit the development of something
High winds have hindered firefighters in their efforts to put out the blaze.
[noun] – a substance containing a virus or bacterium in a form that is not harmful, given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease that the virus or bacterium causes
This vaccine protects against some kinds of the bacteria.
[noun] – someone in a high position, especially in business, who makes decisions and puts them into action
She is now a senior executive in the company.
[adjective] – relating to the central government, and not to the government of a region, of some countries such as the US
They were charged because of not following federal law.
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Wednesday that a complicating part in the discussions is that Pfizer is having some supply chain problems that will make it more difficult for the company to generate 100 million more doses in the spring season. The federal government is consulting with Pfizer to see how it can assist with those manufacturing issues to get the extra 100 million doses. He said that they were involved in active negotiations with Pfizer about exercising options under their contract, Azar announced during an Operation Warp Speed news briefing that they’ve been working with them on what support is suitable to ensure extra doses.
True or False:
- Vaccine rations constraints are hindering the Trump administration’s beliefs of striking a deal with Pfizer to buy extra 100 million doses of the firm’s coronavirus vaccines.
- Executives from the Trump administration and Pfizer validated that the two sides are settling for the government to acquire the extra doses for delivery between January and June 2021.
- Alex Azar is the Health and Human Services Secretary.
- US clamors for delivery as soon as possible while Pfizer balances the global market.
- The federal government is talking with Pfizer to see how it can assist with those manufacturing issues to get the extra 100 million doses.
Situation: You are one of the executives from the the Trump administration.
Question: How would you help in the production of Covid-19 vaccine?
- financial assistance
Express Your Opinion:
- “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”- Socrates
- “Ultimately, the greatest lesson that COVID-19 can teach humanity is that we are all in this together.” – Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli