- residence /REZ-i-duhns/
- vaccine /vak-SEEN/
- restriction /ri-STRIK-shuhn/
- authority / ri-STRIK-shuhn/
- operation /op-uh-REY-shuhn/
[noun] – a home
The governor’s official residence is here.
[noun] – a substance containing a virus or bacterium in a form that is not harmful, given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease that the virus or bacterium causes
This vaccine protects people against some kinds of viruses.
[noun] – a rule or law that limits what people can do
Most countries already implemented restrictions on their borders.
[noun] – an official limit on something
Other countries are planning to lift the trade restrictions.
[adjective] – related to an activity that is planned to achieve something
Following the earthquake, a rescue operation group was launched.
As coronavirus cases started to increase, Palau was among the first to realize severer border restrictions. The authorities locked the country’s borders entirely by March, and it began examining citizens for the virus by April. These strict actions were the solution to keeping Covid-19 out, Palau’s ambassador to the UN said in May. An autonomous nation in free association with Washington, Palau has access to the United States’ mass Covid-19 vaccination program, known as Operation Warp Speed (OWS).
True or False:
- The Republic of Palau is an archipelago.
- The Republic of Palau’s population is 17,000.
- The vaccine will be administered into two shots, 20 days apart.
- Palau was among the first to implement severer border restrictions.
- The Republic of Palau is an autonomous nation.
Situation: You are a student tasked with creating a report about coronavirus vaccines around the world today.
Question: Which coronavirus vaccine brand would you like to talk about?
- manufactured by
Express Your Opinion:
- “To be vaccinated against stress, practice regular meditation.”
― Khang Kijarro Nguyen
- “I miss that. I want…I need things to go back to normal.”
― Melissa Hill, Keep You Safe
- “Reply when questioned on the safety of the polio vaccine he developed:
It is safe, and you can’t get safer than safe.”
― Jonas Salk