© Maxime Aubert
- archeologist /ahr-kee-OL-uh-jist/
- resemble /ri-ZEM-buhl/
- narrative /NAR-uh-tiv/
- interaction /in-ter-AK-shuhn/
- capacity /kuh-PAS-i-tee/
[noun] – someone who studies the buildings, graves, tools, and other objects of people who lived in the past
A team of archeologists are currently at the site.
[verb] – to look like or be like someone or something
Paula really resembles her father very closely.
[noun] – a story or a description of a series of events
The picture book is a narrative of wartime events.
[noun] – an occasion when two or more people or things communicate with or react to each other
Interaction with employees and management is very important.
[noun] – someone’s ability to do a particular thing
These workers have great capacity for hard work.
“The people who made it were fully modern, they were just like us, they had all of the capacity and the tools to do any painting that they liked,” said Aubert in the published journal of Science Advances. This provides evidence of human life in the region, filling out a long blank spot in archeological records. Brumm believes that there are older artworks to be discovered. “It just shows how much artwork is there waiting to be found on this island. It’s hiding in plain sight.”
True or False:
- The world’s oldest known cave painting was believed to be over 45,000 years old.
- Maxime Aubert discovered the painting in Sulawesi.
- They used a dark-colored pigment.
- The painting gives proof of human settlement in the area.
- Researchers said that there are more old paintings waiting to be discovered in the region.
Situation: You are in front of the class and you were asked to explain why history is important.
Question: Why is history important?
Express Your Opinion:
- ”Name the greatest of all inventors. Accident.”
- “The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.”
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”