- Do you know what post-traumatic stress disorder is?
- Do you like staying in a hotel?
- situation /sich-oo-EY-shuhn/
- secretary /SEK-ri-ter-ee/
- plan /plan/
- latest /LEY-tist/
- stressful /STRES-fuhl/
[noun] – the set of things that are happening and the conditions that exist at a particular time and place
The news put me in a difficult situation.
[noun] – an official who has responsibility for the general management of an organization
The company secretary has written to all the shareholders to apologize for the cancellation of the meeting.
[noun] – a set of decisions about how to do something in the future
The company’s business plan became successful.
[adjective] – newest or most recent or modern
Have you seen the latest movie?
[adjective] – making you feel worried and nervous
Police work is physically demanding and stressful.
True or False:
- Many medical workers suffered trauma from working in the intensive care unit during the coronavirus pandemic in the Philippines.
- PTSD stands for post-trauma stress disorder.
- Study shows that medical workers display anxiety, or depression, and some assume they are in a tragic situation.
- The UK Health Secretary is Matt Hancock.
- Psychotherapist and writer Owen O’Kane worked as an NHS clinical lead for mental health and as a palliative care nurse before.
Fill in the blanks:
- He is in a bad _____.
- His _____ is to visit his grandparents next weekend.
- His _____ is responsible for this task.
- The environment in the factory is _____.
- The _____ smartphone was released last week.