© via CNN.com
- What is your favorite form of transportation?
- How often do you ride on a train?
- reveal /ri-VEEL/
- extremely /ik-STREEM-li/
- accommodate /uh-KOM-uh-deyt/
- operate /OP-uh-reyt/
- enable /en-EY-buhl/
[verb] – to make known or show something that is surprising or that was previously secret
He refused to reveal the identity of his client.
[adverb] – very
They played extremely well./em>
[verb] – to provide space or a place for a group
There aren’t enough rooms to accommodate all the students.
[verb] – to (cause to) work, be in action or have an effect
The video provides instructions on how to operate the software.
[verb] – to make someone able to do something, or to make something possible
The bird’s large wings enable it to fly.
The developers ensure that the train will operate safely even in extreme cold climates. They have improved features such as unique braking and electrical heating systems. Zhou Song, the director of the China Railway Beijing Group said that the new system will enable the brakes to move from time to time. There are already 1,036 Fuxing bullet trains in operation since 2017 which have handled a combined 827 million passenger trips and have covered a distance of 836 million kilometers.
- What is the name of China’s newest high-speed bullet train that can operate even under extreme weather conditions?
- How many passengers can it carry at a time?
- Which locations in China will the railway connect?
- When will its operation begin, according to the article?
- How many Fuxing bullet trains have been in operation since 2017?
- What is the significance of this new bullet train in the field of technology?
- Have you ever ridden on a bullet train before? How was your experience?
- Do you prefer car travel, train travel, boat travel, or plane travel? Why?
- What do you like and dislike about trains? Explain your answer.
- What could be improved with your country’s public transportation?