- Do you have a pet?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- collar /KOL-er/
- bark /bahrk/
- alert /uh-LURT/
- anxious /ANGK-shuhs/
- breed /breed/
[noun] – a strap made of leather or other strong material that is put around the neck of an animal, especially a dog or cat
Sheila bought her dog a bright blue collar with a name tag at the middle.
[noun] – the loud, rough noise that a dog and some other animals make
Can you recognize your dog’s bark?
[verb] – to warn someone of a possibly dangerous situation
This will alert the community and make emergency preparations.
[adjective] – worried and nervous
The group was anxious before the performance.
[noun] – a particular type of animal or plant
I love all breeds of dogs.
True or False:
- A South Korean company made a collar that can translate dogs’ emotions.
- The collar will send messages to owners through email.
- The company has collected more than 10,000 samples from 50 dog breeds.
- Gil said that the collar will improve bonding with pets and their owners.
- The dog population around the world decreased by 18%.
Fill in the blanks:
- What is your dog’s ____________?
- My cat’s ________________ is missing.
- Mathilda was ______________ about tomorrow’s exam.
- We have to _____________ the security people.
- She heard her dog’s ___________ at a distance.