© via bbc.com
- Do you like watching animal shows or documentaries?
- Do you often visit zoos?
- reptile /REP-tahyl/
- measure /MEZH-er/
- length /length/
- habitat /HAB-i-tat/
- deforestation /dee-fawr-uh-STEY-shuhn/
[noun] – any of various animals whose blood temperature changes with the outside temperature and whose bodies are covered by scales or plates (= hard material)
Snakes are reptiles.
[verb] – to be a particular size
The board measures 30 inches diagonally.
[noun] – the measurement of something from end to end or along its longest side
The pole is 10 meters in length.
[noun] – the natural environment in which an animal or plant usually lives
The ocean is the habitat of whales.
[noun] – the cutting down of trees in a large area, or the destruction of forests by people
The deforestation in the area is getting worse every year.
True or False:
- The German-Madagascar researchers discovered the Brookesia nana or “nano-chameleon”.
- The newly-discovered specie may be the smallest reptile in the world.
- The nano-chameleon’s body measures 13.5 mm from head to tail.
- There are over 11,000 species listed in the Bavarian State collection of Zoology.
- The nano-chameleon is considered an endangered specie.
Fill in the blanks:
- The rainforest is the monkey’s natural ____________.
- The child asked her mom if the lizard is a ____________.
- It ___________ 30 centimeters.
- Because of _____________, the animals are endangered.
- What is the ____________ of the longest hair in the world?