- Do you like visiting the zoo?
- Do you like taking pictures of wild animals?
- danger /DEYN-jer/
- university /yoo-nuh-VUR-si-tee/
- scientist /SAYH-uhn-tist/
- visitor /VIZ-i-ter/
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
[noun] – the possibility of harm or death to someone
He drove so fast that I really felt my life was in danger.
[noun] – a place of higher education usually for people who have finished twelve years of schooling and where they can obtain more knowledge and skills, and get a degree to recognize this
She works in a university as a professor.
[noun] – an expert who studies or works in one of the sciences
There are scientists who say that the results of the research are flawed.
[noun] – someone who visits a person or place
There has been a steady decrease in the number of visitors to the museum.
[noun] – illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
The first symptom of the disease is a very high temperature.
True or False:
- According to a new report, tourists taking selfies with wild mountain gorillas could put the mountain gorillas in danger of developing Covid-19.
- Gaspard Van Hamme is a lead research author.
- According to Gaspard Van Hamme, the risk of disease transmission among visitors and gorillas is very concerning.
- Mountain gorillas are listed as endangered.
- Gaspard Van Hamme is an Oxford Brookes University alumnus.
Fill in the blanks:
- People who live near the volcano are always in _____.
- This helps fight _____.
- I want to become a _____ when I grow up.
- She works in a _____ near her place.
- We had _____ last night.