- Do you know about India’s situation today?
- Were lockdowns implemented in your country?
- poor /poor/
- different /DIF-er-uhnt/
- website /WEB-sahyt/
- report /ri-PAWRT/
- several /SEV-er-uhl/
[adjective] – having little money and/or few possessions
Most of the world’s poorest countries are in Africa.
[adjective] – not the same
Every day, she seems to put on a different dress.
[noun] – a set of pages of information on the internet about a particular subject, published by a single person or organization
This website is currently being created.
[verb] – to give a description of something or information about it to someone
To report the robbery, we called the insurance firm.
[pronoun] – some; an amount that is not exact but is fewer than many
Several citizens have expressed disappointment with the proposals.
And in crowded slums, home to millions of the poorest people in the world, the epidemic has spread. Today’s country looks quite different. There have been new cases every day, dropping from a high of more than 90,000 infections in September to just over 10,000 a day in February.
According to COVID19INDIA, a website crowdsourcing Covid-19 data from official sources, on February 9, Delhi reported zero virus deaths for the first time in almost nine months. All of this has happened without drastic measures such as circuit-breaker lockdowns, which have been used in areas such as New Zealand and Australia to get outbreaks under control. Experts agree that several factors are likely to be behind the decrease in the number of cases in India, such as the country’s younger population or the probability of increasing immunity in urban areas.
True or False:
- Six months ago, the critically ill patients of Covid-19 were accommodated by hospitals.
- The doctors collapsed out of tiredness.
- Delhi reported zero virus deaths for the first time in almost nine months.
- Drastic measures such as circuit-breaker lockdowns were used in India.
- One of the factors behind the decrease in the number of cases in India is the probability of increasing immunity in urban areas.
Fill in the blanks:
- The __________ is not working at the moment.
- He came from a __________ family.
- __________ people came to the party.
- He looks __________ today.
- She __________ the incident that happened yesterday.