- vaccination /vak-suh-NEY-shuhn/
- underway /UHN-der-wey/
- swiftly /swift-lee/
- turmoil /tur-moil/
- pose /pohz/
[noun] – the process or an act of giving someone a vaccine (= a substance put into a person’s body to prevent them getting a disease)
Vaccination against the flu is not recommended for children under the age of six months.
[adjective] – if something is underway, it is happening now
Economic recovery is already underway
[adverb] – quickly or immediately
He was at the office in minutes, walking swiftly.
[noun] – a state of confusion, uncertainty, or disorder
The country is in a state of political turmoil.
[verb] – to cause something, especially a problem or difficulty
Nuclear weapons pose a threat to everyone.
“There are some destinations that travelers can still book a long-haul flight right now if they wanted to,” declares Bryce Conway, travel rewards expert and founder of 10xTravel. He said that there were flights open to US passengers to destinations like Albania and many parts of the Caribbean. But he did not expect the volume of long-haul routes to increase to pre-Covid-19 levels until 2022. Meanwhile, Alexis Barnekow, founder and CEO of the booking app Chatflights, agrees but he said that there were exceptions. “New Zealand/Australia is more difficult to book because airlines such as Qantas have decreased their inventory to a large extent,” he states. Entry criteria differ from one destination to the next, as well as from one country to the next. For example, Dubai is one of the most open cities in the world, while New Zealand is one of the most closed.
True or False:
- According to the article, vaccination programs are already underway all over the world.
- Travel experts are confident that things will start to open up again this year.
- Staying healthy and staying at home is still the safest course of action in most parts of the world.
- Bryce Conway is the travel rewards expert and founder of 10xTravel.
- Alexis Barnekow is the founder and CEO of booking app Chatflights.
Situation: You are a student and you are tasked to report in class.
Question: According to experts, why is staying healthy and staying at home still the safest course of action in most parts of the world?
Express Your Opinion:
- “We learn more in crisis than in comfort.”― Abhijit Naskar
- “With hope in our hearts, we will survive the stay home.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- Be strong and be safe, you are stronger than your worst fear” ― Shahenshah Hafeez Khan