- How often do you visit bars?
- What kind of music do you like to listen to?
- discover /dih-SKUHV-er/
- abandon /uh-BAN-duhn/
- adapt /uh-DAPT/
- trend /trend/
- launch /lawnch/
[verb] – to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time
Experts have discovered how to predict an earthquake.
[verb] – to leave a place, thing, or person, usually forever
As a baby he was abandoned by his mother.
[verb] – to change, or to change something, to suit different conditions or uses
We had to adapt our plans to fit his schedule.
[noun] – a general development or change in a situation or in the way that people are behaving
Whatever the latest fashion trend, you can be sure Nicki will be wearing it.
[verb] – to begin something such as a plan or introduce something new such as a product
The program was launched a year ago.
The landing page of I Miss My Bar provides users with a range of auditory options for recreating the experience of going out for a drink, such as “bartender working,” “people talking,” and “street ambiance.” Some of the sounds, such as the voice of a specific man selling bread on the street, are only recognizable to Monterrey residents. Sound has a unique way of embracing pre-pandemic life and post-pandemic hope, as well as helping people feel less lonely, according to the owners of the various websites.
- Who are the owners of Maverick?
- What does Maverick mean in English?
- What is the new trend that many bars have embraced to keep their workers afloat?
- What does I Miss My Bar provide?
- According to the article, what helps people feel less lonely?
- Why do you think the owners of Maverick thought of this idea?
- Do you think the owners took a long time to decide on this idea? Why or why not?
- Do you think it would also be a success if they did not use sound to fascinate customers? Please explain your answer.
- If you were the owner of Maverick, what other ideas would come to mind?
- Why do you think sound is attractive? Please explain your answer.