- Does your country’s government require you to wear face masks in public places?
- Is your city currently on a lockdown?
- lack /lak/
- provide /pruh-VAHYD/
- urgent /UR-juhnt/
- beginning /bih-GIN-ing/
- case /keys/
[noun] – the fact that something is not available or that there is not enough of it
Lack of sleep can affect concentration.
[verb] – to give someone something that they need
This website provides all the needed information about the band’s schedules.
[adjective] – very important and needing attention immediately
This problem requires urgent attention.
[noun] – the first part of something or the start of something
She had some difficulties with the job in the beginning, but now she is becoming better at it.
[noun] – a particular situation or example of something
The COVID-19 cases in the country are declining.
True or False:
- Delhi is on its second wave of COVID-19 cases.
- Delhi’s government officials asked for help from the military.
- There is a lack of supply of blood in Delhi’s hospitals.
- There are 300,000 new cases of Coronavirus per day in the last two months.
- All in all, there are 20 million people who have been affected by COVID-19 in India.
Fill in the blanks:
- I have an _______________ meeting to attend to.
- The country now has lower active _______________ of coronavirus than last month.
- Mike read the entire series from ________________ to end.
- The community has a _____________ of access to clean water.
- Free snacks will be ______________ at the seminar.